The ABUS Pedelec Helmet helmet is impact-rated at 27.9 mph (44.9 km h) by the Dutch NTA8776.
Comes in black with gray reflective accents for $139.00
As we have been saying since June, you need a Pedelec helmet by ABUS.
Here’s why: every bike helmet you have ever owned is rated by the EU to survive a 15.5 mph (24.9 km h) impact. E-Bikes are of course much faster than that. Downhill, so are all bikes. I have met with Abus officials every year in Germany for six years and I’ve been telling them that E-Bike riders needed a safer helmet. It happened this June, and Seattle E-Bike was the first in the US to have them.
The ABUS Pedelec Helmet helmet is rated at 27.9 mph (44.9 km h) by the Dutch NTA8776. The Dutch are the gold standard for these ratings. The June shipment was gone almost immediately. Second batch, gone. Then ABUS could not keep up with European demand, and they have been unavailable for many weeks. After many calls to Germany, the 16 more just arrived.
Unless you never ever exceed 16 mph, you need this helmet. And, now it is available in a variety of colors all of them charcoal grey. (If you could not keep up with product demand, would you waste resources on colors).
It is superbly designed: The helmet has an integrated, retractable rain cover, a recessed LED light in back, an integrated bug screen, and a magnetic clasp that actually works. Manufactured in Germany with a 2-year limited warranty, this is a great buy!
- Double shell In-Mold for durable fusion of the outer shell and the shock absorbing helmet material (EPS)
- Deep temple and neck protection
- High visibility due to powerful reflectors
- Size adjustment via half ring made of robust and flexible plastic for ideal stability and adaptability
- Large, highly mounted and integrated LED tail light with 180° visibility
- Zoom Evo Adult - precise adjustment system with handy wheel
- Foamed in fly net with removable visor
- Fidlock magnetic lock
- Rain cap integrated in the helmet
We carry bike accessories from all the top brands. ABUS, BROOKS, CONTINENTAL, CRANK BROTHERS, KASK, KINEKT, KNOG, MAXXIS, MONKEYLECTRIC, SELLE ROYAL, SHIMANO, THULE, and more. Come try out our electric bikes, boards, and scooters at Seattle E-Bike at 220 South Jackson Street in Seattle. We’re open Tues - Fri 10:30AM - 7PM, Sat 11AM - 6PM, Sunday & Mon closed. tel 206-344-8000.